1. Water pump sink tap: When I was younger, my grandparents had a water pump installed on the well, in our courtyard, in Nepal, and it always intrigued me so much. I knew this was something I would love to have as a tap in my kitchen.
2. A retro microwave: It definitely could not be anything modern or contemporary. I still wanted that traditional feel and this matched with the stove. (Image: http://www.wilko.com/content/ebiz/wilkinsonplus/invt/0328556/0328556_m.jpg)
3. Retro Milk Bottles: Believe it or not, these are actual milk bottles from the late 70s and early 80s. They have advertisements on them. My dad-in-law had them all stacked up in his garage (You can see one that says Leicester Mercury). This was no place for these gorgeous, beautiful things. So, with a bit of soap and water,and some cleaning, it became my spice storage.
4. Fruit plate: So I walked into an antique store near Devon, and what do I see? This beautiful piece of treasure. What was not to love? The yellowness of it and the sunflowers, it screamed, “Buy me, buy me.”
5. Teapot light shade: This was one of the first surprises Sunny got for me when we bought the house. He knew I would love it, and I do!
6. Cutlery Holder: Again, storage issues and wanting something pretty. (Image: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cutlery+holder+box&client=firefox-b-ab&biw=1680&bih=913&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi7jazMl7fPAhXMIMAKHXhrAJkQ_AUIBygC#imgdii=ATvkZ980UDZrXM%3A%3BATvkZ980UDZrXM%3A%3BcJ71rxtdrxswdM%3A&imgrc=ATvkZ980UDZrXM%3A)
7. Cabinet handles: I had seen these little knobs in Italy once. I had forgotten about them, but since I was doing up the house I remembered those little grape like handles and said “we get something like that For the kitchen .” They add a bit of colour to the plain white doors. (Image: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1JIjDJVXXXXafaXXXq6xXFXXXe/Cartoon-font-b-Fruit-b-font-Vegetable-font-b-Cabinets-b-font-Door-font-b-Knob.jpg)
8. Barrel for wine: we like to be stocked well, especially with booze. Every now and again we enjoy a good glass of wine or a gin or rum or beer. We picked this up at a sale in British Home Stores.
9. Potato Sack: Well, where else would you put your potatoes?
10. Onion Crate: and the onions?
11. Mortar and pestle: These cuties were gifted to Sunny by his old flat mates. I love cute stuff, so up it went on display. They do work as well. I have grounded many garlics and gingers, and fennel, and, cumin seeds in it.
12. Coffee grinder: I gifted this to Sunny, a) because he loves his coffee and b) it was just too cute!